I've setup a JA rule that pulls data from an API call, and responds with things like email, name and the unique Atlassian Id.
The component of "Assign the issue to" is set to 'Smart value' and will only take the Atlassian ID. I was hoping it would take email address, like importing from a CSV can, but I'm not having any luck there.
Is there a way to format the Full Name or Email Address value so that it will accept it?
side note: Ultimately, we're trying to auto-assign tasks by a combo of two values (Product & Department), on Create. If anyone has a better solution besides building an API for this kind of lookup, I would be grateful to hear your solution. It would be better if we had the simplest interface possible for line-of-business people to keep the lookup data updated, and would much prefer to keep this all within Jira/Confluence. Having to lookup the Atlassian ID to store it is not the preference.