I'm trying to migrate a Jira 4.3.1 WAR/EAR instance to Jira 5.0.3 WAR on a new server with a different OS (Ubuntu Server 64bit 12.04). I use SSH to control the new server.
After a few false starts I've reached the point at which the Jira Setup web page is asking for the filename of the XML file exported from the previous server. However, whether I give the correct filename or not when I click the import button I always get the red error box at the top of the page saying: -
Unable to find ActiveObjects plugin. The plugin must be enabled for the restore to work.
If I forget about trying to import old data and proceed to setup a new installation everything is fine and I don't get this error which kind of implies the ActiveObjects plugin that comes with Jira 5 is fine.
I noticed a previous question which mentioned the same error message when using Jira 4.4.4 but the solution suggested was to use Java 1.6 instead of Java 1.7. However in this case Ubuntu 12.04 installs Sun Java 1.6 by default so that is already being used.
