Hi, I am trying to upgrade Jira but the upgrade script fails failing to shut Jira down. I tried shutting it down manually using both these commands
<span>sudo</span> /etc/init.d/jira stop
sudo ${installation Directory}/bin/stop-jira.sh
but this fails with the following
executing using dedicated user
Atlassian Jira
Version : 8.12.2
If you encounter issues starting or stopping Jira, please see the Troubleshooting guide at https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/jadm-docs-0812/Troubleshooting+installation
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
$CATALINA_PID was set but the specified file does not exist. Is Tomcat running? Stop aborted.
The Catalina startup logs don't seem to hold any valuable information. I am also logged in as root and the installation directory belongs to the root. I used to be able to stop the server before and I have no idea why I can't do so now. I have tried rebooting my VM without change.
Any clues would be highly appreciated!