Hello,
I have exceeded the 2GB limit on my bitbucket repo and have followed the directions provided to try to reduce it. All has been unsuccessful as the repo is not reduced in size. Note that:
(1) I have the Labs garbage collection feature turned-on.
(2) I tried the following to clear-out the repo history:
- rm -rf .git
- git init
- git add .
- git commit -m “Removed history”
- git remote add origin <repo_url_removed>
- git push -u –force origin master
(3) When I check the size of the repo remotely, I see that it is not over 2GB:
git count-objects -Hv
count: 8
size: 164.00 KiB
in-pack: 482
packs: 1
size-pack: 16.41 MiB
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes
I have had this problem before, and the solution was for a sysadmin to run a garbage collection on the repo. Perhaps this is what needs to be done this time. Thank you for your assistance.
-- Jeff