The Lookup clause below is causing an error when the Epic titles contains spaces:
issuetype in (Story) and "Epic Link" = {{issue.epic name}}
Hi @Neil Wills
You can wrap the smart value in quotes to cater for multi-word strings: “Epic Link” = “{{issue.epic name}}”
I believe that epic link is actually a key value, and just renders as the epic name in the user experience views. Please try this instead for your JQL in the lookup issues action:
issueType IN (Story) AND "Epic Link" = {{issue.key}}
Best regards,Bill
by adding quotes to “{{issue.epic name}}” does this cast the expression to a string?
There is no casting involved. You are simply wrapping the output of the smart value in quotes so that the JQL is valid in the same way that a manual JQL query needs to have values with spaces quoted.
I'll experiment, I suspect the issue.key might not match "Epic Link" depending what the value of issue.key is. I used the above solution also.
Gotcha, and...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.