Hi, I would like to modify the text in the notification email when a comment is made. Specifically the text that says "You can view the full request" and links them back to the job in servicedesk.
I am following the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Contentbut am having trouble finding which template to use. I'm pretty crap at html btw.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction?!
CheersSam
Notifications are being sent based on an event being triggered in JIRA. In your example, this would be the "Issue Commented" event. From the documentation:
Look up the event you want to adjust the templete for by following the paths as provided in the documentation. Make your changes in the template, and restart JIRA. Whenever that particular event is being fired, the (customized) template will get used.
Hi, this looks like the most obvious one? WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/issuecommented.vm which seems to contain refrences to several other templates. I have gone through that and anything that could be relevant, searching for the text "You can" in the hope that I will find where this is nested. So far no luck. Don't suppose you could be more specific? Thanks heaps for the reply!
The .vm files you are looking at are Velocity templates for JIRA. Service Desk uses Soy for it's html templating, including notification templates, they are separate from JIRA. Currently there is no supported method for changing the notifications Service Desk generates.
There is a feature request open for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218
Ah ok, thanks very much.
So Atlassian have built a Service Desk without the possibility to change the outgoing information/templates?
Most of the Service Desk is not working correctly. For example, notifications don't actually follow the notification scheme, but follows their own (which you can't edit).
Hi Sam, did you get any further with this? Cheers, Kirstin
I need to make a similar change - changing "You can view the full request" to "Add your response" in the comment added notifiication from Service Desk. How do I do that? How can I do that?
I managed to remove the text box "Your request status changed to ASSIGNED" by editing the *.vm mention-actions.vm
I still have not removed the "view the full request" link yet. has anyone found this yet?
Sorry I'm late to the party but I found out how to change the text from "add comment" to whatever you want it to say. Go to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html\includes\patterns on the server and open comment-action.vm If this file you will find two places that read:
<a href="${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}#add-comment" target="_blank" title="$commentActionText">
and
<a href="${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}#add-comment" target="_blank" title="$commentActionText">$commentActionText</a>
change "$commentActionText" to whatever you want it to read so in my case I added:
<a href="${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}#add-comment" target="_blank" title="Click here to open ticket">
<a href="${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}#add-comment" target="_blank" title="$commentActionText">Click here to open ticket</a>
Hope this helps!
So has this been any easier in 2020 ? Any other solution ?
Not that I know of, unfortunately.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.