I'm fairly new to using Jira, so please pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to create a project organization in my backlog to plan out a software project that might take upwards of a year to complete. At the moment, I'm thinking in terms of stories, and creating tickets or "Issues" that are short descriptions of the functionality I want the program to have.
What I'd like to do next is starting taking the stories and creating tasks that describe the steps required to complete them. Then, I'd like to take the tasks and make them Subtasks of the stories.
Is there some way to connect Tasks to Stories so that a story has links to the tasks that are required to call it complete?
I'm assuming that since this seems like common use-case for a task-managing software like this, there's probably already documentation, community discussions, or blogs somewhere that could help me understand the possibilities here. If this is a duplicate question, please just point me in the right direction and give me a shove. Thanks!