I searched, if answer is there I missed it. I followed the tag for the plugin, it the answer is there I missed it.
Is there an alternative to burningcode's now defunct Jira Watcher Custom Field plugin?
I'm in the same boat, and wondering the same thing. It's been working with version 8.5.x for a while, but I need to upgrade to 8.13.10 now.
Ken, are you running Jira v8.13.x and is the plugin still working for you there?
We bit the bullet and upgraded anyway, and it's working. At least as far as I can tell.
When we upgraded to 8.13 in 2021Q1, it was still on the supported list. I would have noticed otherwise. I just discovered it was dropped 10 minutes ago when I was trying to find a link to docs for a user!
Blech. I just upgraded to 8.13.13 this morning... didn't notice anything. I suspect it will have to be disabled for the next big upgrade process.
We moved to 8.20.6 (LTS) and it did not break there. Looking at all the other comments, it appears to first break on 8:21.
Is it possible to get the fixed version 2.8.5 as 2.8.6 over Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager?When not, please send me also the fixed 2.8.5.
Regards Harald
Has anyone been able to test this against Version yet?
It wont magically start working on newer versions, the changes were made by Atlassian development team and it's very unlikely they are going to revert to an old constructor.
Hi Matis,
If I understand correctly, you say that the versionis jiracomponentwatcher 2.4 working fine on Jira Sever 9.1?
Hi Diego,No, the opposite, it should not work on any newer Jira versions..
This is a post-function scriptrunner script that works if you have a static user to add as a watcher. Place script after the "Creates the issue originally" post function on the create transition.
com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.WatcherManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUserimport com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserManager def watcherManager = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager()def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()def user = userManager.getUserByName("ComplianceSolutions@covius.com")<span> </span>as ApplicationUserlog.info("User"+user.toString())log.info<span> </span>"Issue"+issue.toString()watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue)import
com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import
com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.WatcherManager
com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserManager
def
watcherManager = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager()
userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
user = userManager.getUserByName(
"ComplianceSolutions@covius.com"
)<span> </span>
as
ApplicationUser
log.info(
"User"
+user.toString())
log.info<span> </span>
"Issue"
+issue.toString()
watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue)
This would be the ideal solution except for cases where Issue Security Levels is being used with watchers. In that case, you'd want watchers to sync with that field when changes are made. I guess there would need to be a global Script Listener that updates the user field with changes to watchers.
additional question, does anyone knows where "Component watcher" stored in database?
appreciate,
Sonya
Hi, if anyone is still looking I have an App called Watch It that allows you to watch components in a project and to add watchers during issue creation. It is available on Jira server, data center and cloud.
You can check it out at: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213851/watch-it-for-jira
Regards
Paul
Anybody can help with that issue?I'm at version jira server 8.20.4. Need upgrade it until latest version. But no success with JIRA Watchers field and Watchers Component, Alo I use Security level that has custom watchiers field.How is possible to upgrade jira server from 8.20.4 till latest version and watchers field and component watchers able to work?
could somebody share the the "fix" OR the give a steps to do it ourself?
thank you in advance.
@David Yu
Could you please share with us fixed version of "Jira Watcher Field" compatible with v8.22.x ?
Unfortunately, this add-on is causing chaos in our upgraded test instance.
Regards,
Sami S.
@Sami Ahmed Shaik what version are you currently using?
@David Yu Thanks for the response,
We are currently using Jira Server v8.22.6 & Jira Watcher Field v2.8.5
Sami, you are welcome to test my patched 2.8.5.2 version against 8.22.6 at your own risk.
Any plans around 9.4 version ?
Hi
This is causing issues for me in 9.4.7 - I have downloaded Version:
Hi @David Yu
I downloaded 2.8.5.2 from https://bitbucket.org/superoni/jira-watcher-field-plugin/downloads/ - it worked for me on 9.4.7 perfectly.
Thanks a lot
Hi @David Yu ,
Do we have a Jira watcher plugin compatible with jira 10.3.3 ?
Please share if you have that , we recently upgraded from 9.4.2 to 10.3.3.
Thank you,
Varun
I have one in the Downloads area you can test out. Let us know if you encounter any problems. You should take this chance to plan a migration to something better supported; I don't know how long I can keep duct-taping this thing together.
In case anyone is interested, we have an app called Watch It that allows you to add a Watchers field to the create issue page. The app has very similar functionality as the Jira Watcher plugin for the data center app and a smaller subset of the functionality for the cloud version. This is a paid for app and available for Jira data center 8.4.0 onwards
More details can be found here
RegardsPaul
Paul, I looked at your add-on but I don't think it does the same thing. Distilling it down, I would need a real field that contains watchers so it can be used in places such as Issue Security Schemes. And the ability to add watchers bypassing Jira's normal security checks that prevent you from adding watchers if that watcher currently doesn't have access to see the ticket.
In Jira 9.13 was a _Dark Feature_ included, which allows to fill out the watcher field, while creating a new issue:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-9-13-x-release-notes-1319569020.html#JiraSoftware9.13.xreleasenotes-add-watchers
You have to enable com.atlassian.jira.initialwatchers.enabled in <BASE_URL>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
com.atlassian.jira.initialwatchers.enabled in <BASE_URL>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.