How can i expand the width of the columns in Kanban boards, so that i can see the entire name of the issue?
Hey,
Unfortunately there is no default way to resize columns in Kanban boards. We do have an improvement request for that under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9236, you can add yourself as a Watcher to get notified on that along the time.
Also, a possible workaround for this would be creating a bookmark in your browser with the following bookmarklet as text:
javascript: {document.getElementById("ghx-pool-column").style.width="500px";};void(0);
This sets the width of the left pane to 500px when you run the bookmarklet.
Cheers,
Jose
To expand on Jose's answer here's a longer bookmarklet that's a bit more convenient to use.
It keeps the standard size as the minSize and you can set the maxSize to however wide you'd like and then it steps between them using incrementBy.
javascript:{maxSize=1000;incrementBy=250;/*colName='ghx-pool-column'*/;colName='ghx-detail-view';column=document.getElementById(colName).style;size=parseInt(column.width);minSize=(typeof(minSize)=="undefined"?size:minSize);size=(Math.max(size+incrementBy,minSize))%maxSize;column.width=(size<=minSize?minSize==0?"":(minSize==0?"":minSize+"px"):size+"px");document.getElementById('ghx-column-header-group').style.width=(document.getElementById('ghx-content-main').offsetWidth-Math.max(size,minSize)-20)+"px";console.log("New Detail Size:"+column.width);}void(0);
Yes, thx...
Atlassian Update – 29 January 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm happy to announce that this feature is coming to you shortly with Jira 8.1, together with a larger set of improvements for Jira boards. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us in the comments.
Kind regards,Sylwia MikolajczukJira Server Team
announcement from 29 jan, but still not available...
I don't see the ability to change the width of columns on a jira board in the new Jira 8.1 version. When will this functionality be available?
Thank you!
Did you find this feature anywhere? I still don't see it in jira 8.4
I'm using v8.4.1 and I don't see it either. Very frustrating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.