Hello,
I’ve encountered a problem when calling PUT /rest/api/2/issue.
Jira Cloud responds with 500 and
{
"errorMessages": [
"We couldn't save your changes. Copy your content, then try reloading the page."
],
"errors": {}
} The field that I want to edit is an ace app Issue Field with type “rich_text”

More context to this error:
So, I am building an ace app, which has a connect module → Issue Field:

This field gets assigned/updated to a Jira Issue through my app, the request is shown below.

Now is the interesting part:
When I call the PUT request for the first time (on an issue which does not have my field assigned) it updates correctly.
But when I change the value and call PUT a second time (the issue already had my field assigned) the error pops up.
And, also, when I call PUT with the same value as the first PUT, it works.
e.g.
- I create an Issue
- Call PUT, value get saved correctly
- Add a random letter to my current value at the end and call PUT, get error
- Remove my random letter at the end and call PUT, then it works
So my guess is that my field is like a read-only field which you can only set once
BUT, everything works if I change my Issue Field type from “rich_text” to “text”. Sadly, I can’t do that because the 255 character limit is too small for my needs because I’m storing stringified JSON in it.
Thanks in advance for your time & help!