Hello Jira community!
I am in need of some help. I have looked through many other posts dealing a lot with groovy scripting and a good chunk of it is over my head, so trying the blunt approach.
I have my insight jira fields all setup and they work just fine. I have a project that is integrated with a 3rd party tool that automatically creates tickets for me. There is a free text field (as most of the fields are in this project) that contains the name of a server. I would like either some kind of post function or some kind of automation I can kick off (either manually or on a scheduled bases) that would take the server name in that free text field, search for and find the Insight object (of the same name) and then populate it in my insight custom jira field that I have added to the same screen/project.
I have no control over the 3rd party plugin that allows for the ticket creation, so I can't have it automatically find it for me from that end.
I am guessing I need some kind of groovy script to accomplish this, but don't really know which ones to look at to be honest.
Thank you all in advance!