During a sprint, it's not uncommon to create new issues, and resolve them as part of the sprint work. But it's up to the user who creates the issue to remember to add it to the current sprint (since the effort affects the scope of the current sprint). In order to catch cases where new tickets are created but the user forgets to add them, I need to find a simple way to query for them.
What I'd imagine is a query that might look like:
project = MyProj AND status = Closed and sprint not in ("CurrentSprint") AND closedDate > startDateOf("CurrentSprint") AND closedDate < endDateOf("CurrentSprint")
... or something along those lines. What I'm not able to find right now is any way to expose sprint start or end dates, which I might then use to narrow my issue search.
Note that I don't want to just search for "sprint is EMPTY" across the entire project, because there are a ton of old tickets that were handled before we started using a scrum method. There may be other reasons we want to ignore some tickets not being in the sprint as well-- the point of the query is to trigger a closer look, just to catch mistakes. If it matches too much, then we aren't looking at potential mistakes anymore, and the query isn't useful.