Hello Community,
We are having a Data center installation of JIRA and currently using 8.5.4. We are planning to upgrade it to 8.13.X version. I already upgraded in my DEV environment successfully and tested it.
My question is related to rolling back it to 8.5.4 if anything wrong happens after the upgrade during post testing. I tried rolling back, by copying the files of 8.5.4 back and during startup I am seeing these logs.
[c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] JIRA has failed to start because of the following errors: [(Event: Level = (EventLevel: fatal) , Key = (EventType: database) , Desc = Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency. , Exception = The version of the data present in your database is higher than the version of JIRA you are trying to start.<br/><ul><li>Database build number: <strong>813009</strong></li><li>JIRA app build number: <strong>805004</strong></li></ul><br/>The best solution is to upgrade JIRA to a version that is equal or higher than the version of your data.<br/>You could also try to downgrade your current database build version to match the version of JIRA you are trying to start.<br/>Review our documentation and try what works for you.<br/>)]
I tried adding this parameter to setenv.sh and startup was successful. But this parameter is not present in any of the Documentation provided by Atlassian. So is it recommended or is there any other tested way for rolling back.
JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Djira.downgrade.allowed=true"