Hi,
I'd like to be able to download the Current open issues page into something that doesn't need constant massaging. Is it possible to download this as data?
Thanks
Bret
Hi Bret,
Sure thing! Bitbucket has a full REST API. You want the issues resource. Here's an example URI that pulls all of the new issues from the stash-archive repository under the atlassian account:
https://bitbucket.org/api/1.0/repositories/atlassian/stash-archive/issues?status=new
You might find the Bitbucket REST API browser useful to experiment with Bitbucket's REST API.
cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim, that worked well...
Though looking at this a bit harder and figuring out how to get my issues list down - the data structure is pretty hard to figure out - can you tell me where the data definition is?
Also how to show all status is new or open ? I can request status=new and status=open, but not both ..
Hi again Bret,
There's some more information on the data structures used in the issues response here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/issues+Resource#issuesResource-Overview
If you want to query for multiple statuses, you can just append multiple query parameters, i.e. ?status=new&status=open
For example, here's the same URL from my previous example with both new and open issues being returned:
https://bitbucket.org/api/1.0/repositories/atlassian/stash-archive/issues?status=new&status=open
Well I guess thats an answer, but to do anything with this data I need to write code to get it to a state I can build a report with it, as opposed to copy and paste from the web page into excel with some massaging...
For the moment I think I'll stick with the copy paste method.
Ah, I see. You could try an online service such as https://json-csv.com/or write a script to download and convert it?
well that works if I copy paste into that site and would probably be worth it if I had a ton of issues I was tracking.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.