I'm using the automation plug-in on our JIRA server instance. I would like to be able to create issue tickets that each have an Epic Link to a given Epic where I'm manually launching an automation rule. The Epic will have a list of components, and each issue created must uniquely map to one of the components in the list. For example, say I have an Epic called "Epic A", and Epic A has three components specified, "A", "B", and "C". When I execute the rule, I would like three new issues created. The first will map to the "A" component, the second to "B", and the third to "C".
I think I can hardcode a comparison step for each of the various components in the rule and the creation steps for each issue, but I have a lot of components and that would be a huge amount of replication. Instead I would like to do some kind of iterative approach, like iterating over each entry in the components list and creating a ticket with the matching individual component. But I can't figure out a way to do that.
I looked at smart values and list operations, and it seems I can extract components at a given index, but I can't figure out a way to create an index variable and then use that in my rule to iterate over the list and create a new ticket and apply the component at that index.
Can someone advise on this?