I am facing this problem for quite a while now:
If an employee leaves the company his account gets deactivated. In some tickets he is still set as watcher.
We close most issues by using the JIRA automation plugin's 'transition issue action'.
If one or more inactive users are set as watcher, the action will end in an error saying:
"Users do not have permission to browse issue: username"
So every time that error occurs I have to manually remove the affected watches.
Is there a way to ignore / skip this check or is it just a bug?
Just as an additional note: we have Watcher Custom Field for JIRA installed.
Does anyone else face this issue as well?
Any ideas are appreciated.
UPDATE:
This seems to happen because of the Watcher Custom FIeld for JIRA.
I created an issue for the developer: https://bitbucket.org/rbarham/jira-watcher-field-plugin/issues/42/inactive-users-set-as-watchers-lead-to
Inactive users are currently not ignored when check Browse Issue permission while transitioning the issue.
The developer will fix this with the next release.