We have a branch that was created that is not categorized, but we now want to make it it's own release branch. Is there a way to recatogize a branch/move it into the release "folder"?
Hi, @Levi.Wallach!
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
It's not possible to recategorize a branch to be a release branch, however, you can create a new release branch and merge this not categorized branch with the release one.
I hope this helps, but in case it doesn't, please feel free to share additional information about your business case, so I can check if there is anything else we could do here.
Thank you!
Kind regards,Caroline
Thanks. I assume after merging, it's then safe to remove the old branch, yes?
Hi, Levi! Yes, you should feel safe deleting the branch after the merge. The only reason to keep this branch after a merge is if you plan to make any more changes to the same branch, which I believe it's not your case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.