Hello,
how can i use rest api jira server for adding or deletting user to/from jira group ?
Thank you
Hello @Marine Tm
You can try this :
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.18.1/#api/2/group
@Mohamed Benziane thank you
I have already come across this page but I did not really understand how to write the request
i know that i should use the curl command but nothing else ....
Yes you need to write some code but you can use python, java or wathever programming language you know.
I used to write some API calls with python so i'm not sure i can help you with curl.
In your case start with Postman
To add a user try this API
https://yourdomaine/rest/api/2/group/user?<groupname where you will add the user>
In the body use somethink like that : { "name": "name of the user" }
In authorization panel use Basic authentification and use your username & password.
@Mohamed Benziane do you know any other request to do it with sql server ?
Hi @Marine Tm
I seem to understand you are new to API handling/accessing but there are some good examples that should give a basic idea how to access it in general.
Like Mohamed said I would refrain from a direct database update, however if you do not like the API approach there are Apps from marketplace which abstract the needed call and could serve your need.
For REST API here are the examples:https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/rest-apis/#examples
I think this will get you started - the details can be complicated but I do not think you need them right here, the basics should be doable within no-time, it is quite easy.
At least I can share what team members used in the past when it comes to Apps, however please be noted this App is not free and requires payment:https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JCLI/pages/1061003706/addUserToGroup
Regards,Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.