Why does below JSON not work On Issue Create, while it does work On Change Value?
{ "fields": { "summary": "Use my custom field: {{MyField}}" } }
on issue creation, the custom field is not filled/existing. thats why ist doesn't work there
So it is impossible to automate based upon custom fields? Strange! What is the work around? Can I automate / create a trigger "just after creation"?
Hi @Ron Koudijs
I note you posted this question in the automation area; are you doing this with an automation rule? If so, there are known race-track issues with issue create triggers. One work-around is to re-fetch the issue before processing to ensure the data is present. For example:
Best regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Yes, I am trying to change the summary field with automation. For the summary I want to use custom fields. I tested the JSON code with a "When value changes for" + "Edit issue fields". That works fine. But the same JSON code with a "When issue created" does not give a result.
I am going to try your re-fetch suggestion.
Thanks for helping.
Regards,
Ron
maybe this one helps
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Set-summary-automatically-when-creating-a-issue/qaq-p/1433522
or, as @Bill Sheboy wrote
action: re-fetch issue
I found the reason of my problems. We are using Dynamic Forms from Devinity. The issues I am having trouble with are created before the Dynamic Forms is filled by the customer. Deviniti suggest a work around with a time in status" trigger. I'm still figuring out how to get this (SLA?) tigger to work. To be continued ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.