Hello,
I am using the browser version of Jira with the scrum template for projects. I have tried the Kanban template as well. Subtasks have been configured as enabled for stories and tasks. I cannot however "create a subtask" in the summary section of the parent issue nor in the .... (more) menu as the "create a subtask" option does not exist.
I suspect I am attempting to follow an outdated tutorial. Perhaps not as I've tried many tutorials now. Is "add a child issue" synonymous for "create a sub-task"? If this is the new language, how do I get my child issues to appear on my scrum-board in the "to do" "in process" "done" columns?
I've read I think all of the troubleshooting but nothing has solved the issue. I just started using Jira and have not tinkered with settings at all.
I think my problem is pretty straightforward, how can I resolve it?
https://aquino.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/AQ4/boards/7
This is the tutorial I am using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWxMTvRGIpc
Thank you for your time.