I've setup a project, and made a custom workflow which has the statuses:
Open (default status)
In Progress (default status)
Fix Pushed
Issue Requiring Review
Rejected
Fix Deployed
Closed (default status)
There are also some transitions, with custom screens for the transitions between them which all work fine.
I'm trailing JIRA Agile, and when I got to the board configuration to edit the columns I can add or rename the columns on the board, but I can only see the standard statues logged, and can't seem to find any way to add the custom ones.
if you drag a bug into the done column then it will go to resolved eventhough there is no way to get there in our work flow, and will change the workflow when opening the bug to be the stanard workflow rather than the custom one.
We only have the custom workflow setup for bugs (where we need to deal with other teams, and so model the strutcture given out from up high), and for everything else we just use the default.