Hi there, I am currently attempting to create a hierarchical Structure for everyone on my team. Unfortunately, because Transformations do not appear to be supported for Structure for Jira Cloud just yet, I am having to include this in my Automation functions (I'll come back to this.)
I would like to create a nested view of issues for each person on my team that follows the business rule of "seeing only your work, and subsequent parents of your work, regardless of their owner."
Currently, I have Issue type A displayed on level 1, and Issue type B displayed on level 2. Type B issues are filtered to only be those assigned to me (this has to be done by explicitly stating the user.) Type A issues are currently not filtered to only be those assigned to me.
However, I would like to hide Type A issues from my Structure if their Type B issues do not exist (or ideally, are closed.)
For example:
- Issue #1 - Assigned to John Smith
- Issue #2 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
- Issue #3 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
- Issue #4 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
- Issue #5 - Assigned to John Smith
- Issue #6 - Assigned to John Smith
In my structure, Issues #1 - #4 would show, but Issue #5 (and subsequently Issue #6) would not.
This is an attempt to replicate the behavior of nested WIQL queries to produce scoped hierarchical work item lists within Azure DevOps or TFS.
Here are the current Automation functions I have:
(Filter) Filter issues: type in (Task, Sub-task) and assignee = Mike Sanders
(Extend) Add sub-tasks
(Insert) Insert issues: sprint in openSprints() and project = <ourProject> and type = Story
Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.