Hi Team,
One of the clients have got a unique way of managing their PI cadence. Through out the year, they have 6 delivery sprints (that map to 6 standard sprints being created as anchor sprints). At the end of the calendar year i.e. from December 2nd, they have got 1 innovation sprint (for 2 weeks) and then have got a period between mid-December and Jan first week, named as Planning & also uses this to take care of the Christmas shut down etc.
I had a question around the best way to configure this in Jira Align in a way that does not impact their PI velocity. Have got the following options
1. Create a PI with end date of the PI being the last day of the standard sprint i.e. end of 21.4.6 for e.g. & have a gap between end of 21.4 & start of 22.1 (commencing from January, next year)
2. Extend the dates of the last PI (21.4), create 6 standard sprints and 2 Innovation & Planning sprints (manually add 2 additional sprints with relevant dates and type = innovation & planning) to cover the period of 4-6 weeks
For option 2, I wanted to know
what are the implications I need to be aware of? i.e. if I were to create 2 sprints with the type as Innovations & Planning does that impact the historical PI velocity calculations?, - - does that mean that the teams in Jira will have to create those additional sprints or else the sync process would break?