Production Jira 7.5 expired a while ago. In order to upgrade to 8.17 I cloned production environment into a testing box. Applied renewed license key to production after,
Now when I upgrade the Jira instance in the test box it rightly says it cant upgrade as
`License Too Old For Build: We found a problem with your JIRA license
Your current Jira Software license doesn't allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (8.17.1). Jira Software expired {a while ago}, and you can currently only upgrade to versions released prior to this date. Alternatively you can renew your license at my.atlassian.com which will allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (8.17.1). You can enter your new license here.
See our documentation for more information on licensing errors.
Learn more`
Now I am stuck with a test instance where I can't really validate if I can go ahead with an error free upgrade. I need to be able to test if I can upgrade Jira (from 7.x to 8.x) without any issues. What can I do from here?