Hi Team,
I have a requirement where I need to store one of the date field (the field data of this can be changed by the user later) to compare between the previous and latest value and show the difference.
E.g. Initially vendor confirms Delivery date =31/August/2021 and after some days the vendor changes the date to 31/October/2021 so Delivery date =31/October/2021 it is needed that I save the initial date i.e. 31/August/2021 in some other field (lets say I have a field "Accepted" where I store this data) to calculate what is the difference between the two dates. I am using effector to copy the data from Delivery date field to Accepted field. The challenge is effector only works if I add this Accepted field to my project page which I am fine with but the next challenge is, this Accepted field is visible to the vendor (as it is part of the edit screen) and they can change this field as well with same date (31/October/2021) and then my calculation will not be able to catch the difference. If I hide the Accepted field the next challenge comes the effector is not able to copy the data from Delivery date to Accepted field.
This Accepted field should be filled only once, which I can control via effector with is empty condition.
Accepted and Delivery date is custom defined field.
My ask is how to make effector work to copy the data from Delivery date to accepted and then make Accepted as read only.