I really like the Automation for Jira plugin, but this one is a hard nut to crack.
We wanted to update our automation rules for recurring tasks that occur every month with a group of assignees - we just added a new action to assign the new task to one assignee from the group, but the rule does not want to be executed anymore - in the option for "When rule executes..." we had selected "simply run the conditions and actions without providing issues" that is not compatible with the last action to assign the task to the group members - and the error is:
- The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Assign issue
I understand we have to use the "run a JQL search and pass results to subsequent conditions and actions" and I've tried to design one that targets only the newly created scheduled task, but I am failing to come up with a proper JQL.
The result is that JQL statements, I've tried to use, produce hundreds of new tasks as I cannot limit the JQL statement to only one match - the one we want to create. I've tried smart values with dates and other tricks I can think of, googled the issue, but no luck.
Does anybody know how to craft a JQL statement that will target only the one task that is being created - or is it impossible, as the task is not created yet in that stage?
This is how the non-working rule is looking now:
