I have installed a new version of JIRA on a new server and want to run against my old database. When I go to the JIRA webpage I get a page entitled.
http://bcsb-cnx-a.als.lbl.gov:8080/secure/ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.jspa
When I enter the license and hit proceed, I get an error saying the username or password is incorrect. I'm using my atlassian login and password which works when i login to https://www.atlassian.com/
Your server is not using your Atlassian account for login, your login to www.atlassian.com is irrrelevant.
You need to log in with an account that was in use in your "old database"
OK. Thanks for the information. Here is the problem, I was using Crowd as an account server. I'm guessing that is my problem. Is there some documentation for that? Can I create a local admin user somehow?
Thanks for any help !
Ok, it's quite likely that your system is still trying to use a crowd-provided account and not being able to reach crowd means it can't.
Best bet at this point is recovering an internal account - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html
Thanks for your help! Made some progress but not quite there. I was able to configure the crowd files:
atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties
atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml
And tell Crowd to allow connections from the new host.
Once I did that, I was able to load my new license successfully.
At that point I thought I was good but unfortunately after restarting Jira i'm still not allowed to login. Any ideas?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.