I upgraded to confluence 4.3.2 on 16NOV the upgrade went fine,
but about an 2hrs after the upgrade we found tomcat6.exe was using
99% of the CPU and had been doing so for about 30 mins or more.
I restarted 'apache tomcat confluence' service and this solved the
problem for a while, but soon after I found it running at 99% again,
this cleared itself after 20 mins.
Since then we have had periods of 20mins or more when tomcat uses 99%
of CPU although confluence has been running OK much of the time.
periods of tomcat6.exe using 99% of CPU since then
45 mins 16.45 16nov
20 mins 16.00 16Nov
20 mins 02.30 17nov(sat)
20 mins 17.40 19Nov
20 mins 12.10 20Nov
20 mins 13.50 20Nov
30 mins 14.30 20Nov
You can see they are getting more frequent
and this affects performance.
Confluence runs on windows server 2003 with JIRA running on the same server.
Any suggestions what we can do to avoid this happening?
We have the service set to restart every night.