I just wanted to put this out there.
Our company uses Jira, so I've been trying to get Confluence into our org as well. But twice I hit minor missing functionality that prevented that from happening.
1. We use Quip instead of confluence. Quip has the advantages of
- page load speed is fast
- click on the page to edit
- instantly at the clicked spot, editing...
- Works plenty well enough for us as a documentation platform but obviously lower security and less features than Confluence
While that might not sound like a deal maker, Confluence editing goes something more like this (especially if you don't know the shortcut):
- page load speed is, well, ok.. whatever
- scroll up to show the edit button if it's hidden
- page load speed (again) is, well, ok.. whatever
- Page loads back at the top
- Find the place you want to edit, what was I trying to write? I did 5 actions and already forgot that great idea. Oh, wait, my friend just slacked me, I'll do this later
I simply wasn't allowed to introduce such a productivity killer into our environment.
How to easily fix this:
I understand that click to edit is not really compatible with the design of confluence, but therefore edit initiation should look like this.
- page load speed is, well, ok.. whatever
- edit button is easy to find and always available
- page editing starts from where you are or at least loads the page back where you were on it. (Jeez)
I mean, why do we need to load the page from the top, and why is the edit button always a hassle to reach? Should I create a graphic demo to show you how this flow should work?
Editing is literally the most important feature in Confluence. Why make it so difficult to do?
2. So I still wanted Confluence and got another opportunity to push for Confluence when we needed a Q&A platform (Questions for Confluence VS Stack Overflow for Teams):
- Wow, I realize Questions for Confluence + Confluence is only $7.5 VS $6 for Stack Overflow for teams. Cool, I can convince management, I can now push Confluence to my company!
- Wow, Questions for Confluence integrates with Confluence and Jira, cool, Q&A + pro doc tool for my org that connects with our task management tool, yeah!
- Oh, no Slack integration.....
- Ask other employees what's the most important feature for them in a Q&A platform? Answer: honestly, the Slack integration..
No Confluence again for my company I guess 
Confluence, any chance you can help me out here a little, can ya? As your dedicated fan, I'm trying as hard as possible but feel like you keep putting sticks in my wheels so I can't reach you..
Thanks for taking the time to read