Hi,
I have an issue MDC-27 which has a child issue of MDC-76. How do I JQL all the child issues of MDC-27
when I try to use issuekey in childIssuesOf("MDC-27") no results
Hi @Gavin
If you have scriptrunner, you can do a search for sub task of as explained here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_issue_links
Regards
Is there anyway to do this natively just in case I don't have scriptrunner installed?
waiting on word from admins
Try parent = <parent issue key>
tried that but got nothing came back.
"parent = MDC-27"
Should return values for "I have an issue MDC-27 which has a child issue of MDC-76.", including MDC-76
If this is not working then I would want to question your definition of "child issue" - do you really mean parent/child (better explained by the Jira-speak issue/sub-task description) or are you looking at Epic links or Issue links (which are not parent/child)?
Thanks for the response. I tried that but nothing came back.
So my understanding:
MDC-27 - in this issue there is a Issue link section. Under that second it says is a parent of and MDC-76 is listed there.
MDC-76 - in the same location under is a child of and MDC-27 is listed there.
Hope that helps.
Yep, that explains it.
MDC-76 is not a child of MDC-27, it has a link (which your admins have mis-lead you slightly by describing it as "is parent of" and "is child of" - they are not parent/child at all)
Anyway, you should be able to get the issues that are linked to it with
linkedissue(MDC-27, "is parent of").
(Or possibly "is child of", I'm not 100% sure which way round it works from memory)
The answer was
issue in linkedIssues("DMC-24","is a parent of")
This does not work for me.
It's probably because it's not really the right answer. It's showing you how to search by link, not by parent/child relationship
Are you wanting to search for parent issues?
Try "is parent of" instead of "is a parent of"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.