We're on 7.1.1 and some users can't seem to start/complete sprints even though they have the manage sprint permission. Attached are screen shots of the filter on the board and then the permissions/users/roles on the two projects.
250ScreenShot300.bmp
Hi,
check this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-end-sprint-because-i-am-not-the-administrator-for-other-projects-779159087.html
Check the permission scheme. If it is a custom one the role Administrators may not have the permission"Administer project"
Hi, thanks for the response. The role has both manage sprint and administer project. That's the thing that puzzles me. This was working fine prior to our 7.0 upgrade.
We have the same issue after upgrading JIRA from 6.4.6 to 7.1.7. User has both Project Administrator and Manage Sprints permission for all projects, the tickets belong to.
And in the error message are listed almost or even all the JIRA projects we have (300+), which does not make sense.
Hi Mary,
did you get a resolution for this? I have a similar problem since our organization upgraded the JIRA version from 6.4 to 7.2.9
Appreciate your help!
Thanks,
Aisj
Hi Aishwarya - nope. I even had an issue open with Atlassian, but frankly it took so long, I think we just closed it.
Actually, I just read a follow up on a post here. Maybe try this. I have not investigated yet, but hopefully it will help!!
I saw similar issue, and it ended up because of the filter for my board has allowed more projects involved, where the scrum master who needs this permission, did not have scrum master permission in ALL these projects.
I had to revise the filter to get less projects involved and give this user permission in ALL of these involved projects
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.