Hello everyone,
I'm about to transfer a Jira installation to a new server and before I do that I need some clarification if what I'm going to do is correct and if it will work.
Original server is running linux with external Oracle database, new server is also linux and the same Jira version will be used. Same IP will be used. Re-use database.
What I was thinking to do is:
- install same jira version on new server; check if it is accessible and wizard is shown; stop jira
- stop old jira, copy via SCP old jira home to new server; copy jdbc driver
- shutdown old server; change IP of new server to match old server
- start jira on new server.
I did a similar approach to a bitbucket install and worked fine.
I'm I forgetting any folders on old jira installation directory?
I will do snapshots to all relevant servers and export db just in case.
Thanks in advance.