Happy Jira #TBT y'all!
For Jira July, we took a ride in the wayback machine to unearth some truly weird Jira/Atlassian throwbacks. We know a lot of our Community members are OG Jira users, so post your throwbacks in the comments and to win the Jira July badge!
Throwback ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g73tUghHdKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqDJmUMKETs
#ThrowbackJira from many summers ago, rocking a "JIRA Jedi" shirt, courtesy of Clearvision.
It was such a long time ago that Jira was still capitalized. 😉
Here is a classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mz1estA4MA
@Brant Schroeder - whoa, I've never seen that before!
Dammit, I can't find "Jira Junior" anywhere! My google/ecosia-foo has failed me today.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- is it this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shZslfbaS0
YES! Thank you @Ashley Faus - it seems the jr. contraction was defeating me.
Still wish Atlassian had made it, and not just for "Junior"
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- We have a few Atlassians who talk about using Trello and Jira to run their households, so while we didn't officially make it, the Kidlassian game is strong!
This is from 2017, so I think it counts as an additional throwback https://www.atlassian.com/blog/inside-atlassian/ran-kids-like-atlassian-team-monthAnd apparently it went so well the first time, he did it again in 2018! https://www.atlassian.com/blog/inside-atlassian/i-swam-my-kids-like-an-atlassian-team
@Bridget FYI, the oldest ticket I've publicly made is ID-240 - it turned six last month! Wish it a happy birthday for me 😅
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-240
Okay, so I don't know if this counts as a "throwback" because it is only from two years ago, but 2019 I attended my first Atlassian Event in Vienna. I was excited to attend the "Agile Mindset with Jira" training and got to learn Jira from the ground up. 🎉
Still looking at my notes from time to time! 😉
#JiraThrowback #JiraTB #JiraJuly
@Dave LIAO you're really dating yourself with that ticket!!! Happy birthday old girl!
@Svenja Lorenzen that's an awesome throwback!! And can we talk about your beautiful handwriting?!
@Bridget - I've got even older tickets!
Just none that are publicly-accessible... 😂
I was looking for something the other day and found this t-shirt, still in the plastic bag.
This was the second shirt I got, the original one is long gone...
I was just checking some of the above comments and I must say I love the attitude and along with the sense of humour!
I think my old/first Jira ticket was from 2017 but unfortunately not publicly available but one thing I must say I loved the ease of use then and now.
I am biased with other Atlassian products but this post is only for Jira!!
#lovejira
My best swag ever is this messenger bag from the first Atlas Camp in 2008, which was held somewhere north of SF. It's still going strong
Serendipity! I just found my box of old Atlassian t-shirts going back to the first Summit and before
And the earliest one for Jira that I remember, it still makes me laugh
@Matt Doar - Great collection of t-shirts!
This is a classic! My favorite because it combines two of my favorite thing!
Beer me Jira!
FWIW, that backboard for the taps is still in our office.
This beautiful picture reminds me of Barcelona Summit 2018, time is flying...
These are my three oldest surviving items of swag from the ecosystem.
Not entirely representative though:
I have that wiki shirt too!
You do 150 miles a day for the commute? Ouch
70 miles into London, a miles from the house to the station here and the other 4 were a guessed average wandering across London - the nearest I've worked to St Pancras was 1/4 mile, the furthest about 5 miles. Most were around 3 (the City, Old Street, Waterloo, Victoria etc)
Well, I mean, I just wore my Summit Shirt from 2013, but my favorite shirt is probably this one:
Mainly because I won it! :-}
And then... I inexplicably won the go-kart race!
All the boring details are here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/San-Francisco-Bay-Area/So-quiet-in-here/td-p/1654940#M99
@Matt Doar, you print/stamp your name on the tags of your t-shirts?
I have the same photo as @Daniel Ebers from Barcelona!
Most of my older swag is still on my desk in my office; I only have my wearable stuff here at home. The oldest thing I have is my certified hoodie that I got after passing my exam at Summit in 2018.
My son simply loves this cap :-)
This is my oldest piece of Atlassian swag. I also had the Karma King shirt from the old Atlassian Answers site but alas I no longer have the shirt. My next oldest would be the Atlassian Answers jacket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.