I am exploring the ability to share access to views in Align with stakeholders that are not regular users of Align, but would benefit from the ability to see certain areas.
These individuals would not benefit from taking up a licensed spot, but we would like to share visibility on the regular.
I tried this by creating the External User role with what I understood as Read-Only access. However, when tested, an individual with this level of access was still able to manipulate the data (change ranking, add data, change fields, etc.)
I am looking for some help to solve the following issues:
- create a strictly read-only role for non-licensed users to see data occasionally
- better understanding of the toggles in the Role area.
- setting a role to have visible access, but lack the ability to manipulate the data
- this is unclear- toggle to turn on visibility should not mean access to change the data