Hi,
Here is a pickle for you. I have two self-hosted jira servicedesk instances. Both have around 450 projects. The projects are the same in both instances, and have the same pkeys. The instances were designed off a template to share similar functionality despite being in different geographic locations.
Okay, so we have a project to merge these two jiras into one. We have the Configuration Manager plugin, and were planning to use that. We were also planning to modify the pcounter field in the project table (db hack) to change *new* issuekeys by a certain amount.
However, it dawned on me that this doesn't solve the very real problem of issuekey name collision -- since we have several hundred projects with issuekeys that are identical on both instances. I don't want to do some uber csv import of 400+ projects' issues with modified issuekeys to avoid problems. I also don't want to create new projects to avoid it. What I do want is to migrate the issues from the source instance projects into the target jira instance's respective projects -- just with modified issuenum values.
Any tips?