When create ticket, descripton didn't auto format the content, like title, bullet.
But when edit ticket, it could auto format what I typed.
Is there any configuration I'm missing
@allen can you clarify where and what you are trying to edit? Jira Align does not formally have tickets but stories, features, epics, themes etc.
Are these screen prints from Jira or JSM?
If you can add some more details, we can better understand your ask. Thanks!
In Agile Board,
When I click "Create" at the top, it shows #1 screenshort, when I enter "#" or "*" it does not format what I entered next.
But when I edit an existing ticket by clicking the card, it will format as markdown. it shows #2 screenshot
@allen - looks like you need help with Jira (vs Jira Align) based on your scenario / screenshot. Couple options for next steps...
Hope this helps!
Hi @allen
the background of the effect you are seeing is that the Create Issue screen does not use the New Issue View, yet.
There is a Suggestion open with Atlassian and it is currently in status "under consideration".
The Suggestion explains what you are experiencing and goes into detail.
You can compare with your scenario to double check everything was understood correctly. If so, it could make sense to click on "Vote for this issue" to signalize this topic is of importance to you.Also useful: when clicking "Start watching this issue" you will be notified about the progress.
Like Mark and Tom said somehow your question seem to have been raised in "Jira Align" collection instead of "Jira". In case you want the topic to be moved to "Jira" collection, let me know - this is possible.
Cheers,Daniel
+1. we have the same problem
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.