Hi, I am working with Jira Server and the database is setup in Postgresql. I am interested in syncing time logging information with another system and am trying to figure out how the worklog table works.
From what I see so far, I can make edits to the time tracking columns in jiraissue table and there is no issues in doing so (the summary figures).
In table worklog, I can edit values but if I try to make a new entry I'm stuck in trying to figure out how it increments the counter for the primary key id field. I looked in the postgres sequences and it cannot be found there. If I find the next id that it should be and insert a new record using that, it causes problems as if a user in jira inserts a new record you get a conflicted duplicate key error.
I suppose I could insert records with an id that is offsetting the current id by a very high amount.. but is there a way to just increment the counter value which jira refers to somewhere?