I am trying to set up a simple Jira Automation rule and no matter what I do, I cannot maintain the original reporter for the issue.
The trigger is set to fire when the Team for an issue in our main project (PF) is edited. Based on which Team is chosen, that issue needs to be Cloned into the corresponding Team's project (for example, PF1) so that we can keep the original field values and attachments.
However, it is vitally important we know who the original Reporter (i.e., creator) is, so teams can make sure to loop that person into essential development conversations. As of now, I have tried so many (literally countless) variations of smart values and ways to set up the rule that I've found on these forums (a handful which appear to work for others, even) but none of which work for me. I can't possibly list them all out, so just please trust me.
As of now, the "Automation For Jira" user has all necessary permissions to edit the reporter in any of our projects (PF, PF1, PF2, etc.) and I do as well. No matter who the actor is, I can't change the reporter. The field configurations across projects are exactly the same, and as such, Reporter is available across all of our projects. All users in our system are also available to be chosen a Reporter in PF or PF1.
I get this particular error most often, no matter how I set up the rule: "Unknown fields set during clone, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -Reporter (reporter)". It is extremely vague, and as I've mentioned, I've checked permissions and field configurations numerous times and do not see any issue. I've tried various smart value syntaxes that I've seen but have no way to corroborate what is the right one, since other users on these forums have had success with different styles of writing and/or using the smart values, but none work for me in this case.
Does *anyone* have any idea why this isn't working or the actual correct way in June of 2021 to make it such that the cloned issue can maintain the original reporter? I'm thinking of throwing the display name in the Description text field, but that's less than ideal. I'm at my wits end with this, so any help at all would be appreciated tremendously.