My company just upgraded to Jira 8.17.0 and now I seem to have lost the ability to direct link to comment
Previously I could pick up direct link to comment in browser when clicking on the ‘chain’ icon top-right in a comment
Eg: https://jira-de.asml.com/browse/ARCH-46?focusedCommentId=490535&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-490535
Now only left over is 2 buttons bottom-left (edit delete).How to share a direct link to comment with colleague now?
Tnx!
Ah, found it: the 'date' in the top of any comment now carries the URL to the comment:
sharing that URL with someone will give him/her direct access to that comment, as focussed item in a browser.
Case closed
Thanks for the help here. We just updated as well and I have been searching for something on this. I personally do not feel this is as good of implementation as previous versions, but it works
This is not intuitive. the text of the date field provides NO visual clues that it is a link.
Agree, not intuitive at all. Sheesh
I've opened a request to restore link to comment (as well as delete and edit buttons):
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-discussions/Jira-v8-20-7-Request-to-restore-link-to-comment-delete-and-edit/td-p/2002764
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.