Hi Team,
I am building a Jira Project for a software development team and they wanted an additional hierarchy as below,
Epic (A collection of feature which spans across multiple sprints and multiple releases)
--Feature (A collection of stories spans across multiple sprints but for each release)
-----Stories (A piece of development items completed within the sprint)

It make sense to me when they wanted an additional hierarchy that can be at the release level (I mean for each release). In our traditional way (Epic -> Stories) most of the time it will be multiple releases (maybe bi-weekly) because it takes months to complete all the stories under an epic and it's always been a nightmare to prepare the release cadance.
I looked for different options in Jira like,
1) Custom Hireracy using Advance Roadmap with this I can able create levels and map standard issue types above the Epic (like Initiatives and Themes) but I couldn't create one between Epic and Story.
2) I looked into the Structure add-on/plugin at the marketplace but it seems to be very costly and heavy.
How your team is managing the releases and the hierarchy apart from the regular fix-versions and grouping using release labels. Please share your thoughts and inputs, it will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks.