In our CI pipeline, when the unit test fails, we need to parse and get the commit's author such as "Alex Yang" (alias is alexya) who is also a Jira system user.
When I call Jira REST API to create an issue and set the assignee, it needs the "name" of the user in the Jira system such as "alexya" instead of a full or display name "Alex Yang". (using the name I can create the issue successfully, but displayName will fail)
e.g.
POST /rest/api/2/issue
```
{
"fields": {
"project": {
"key": "AAAA"
},
"summary": "3rd task created with rest API",
"description": "creating of an issue using ids for projects and issue types using the REST API",
"issuetype": {
"name": "Bug"
},
"assignee": {
"displayName": "Alex Yang"
},
"priority": {
"id": "2"
}
}
}
```
It will fail with the error:
```
{ "errorMessages": [], "errors": { "assignee": "expected Object containing a 'name' property" }}
```
Furthermore, I tried to use REST API to query the user information, but
the REST API GET /rest/api/2/user?username=alexya can only accept the parameter "username" or "key", can't use the displayName to query the details of a user so that I can't use the displayName to get the user name. e.g.
```
{
"errorMessages": [
"Either the 'username' or the 'key' query parameters need to be provided"
], "errors": {}}
```
Any help will be much appreciated.