Hi guys,
I have a few questions regarding customers in a Jira Service Project:
1. What is the difference between a Service Desk Customer and a Portal Customer?
2. I noticed that if you add a customer under your Jira Service Project:
(a) With an organization attached - It does not create a Service Desk Customer role for the user under Project Settings > People.
(b)Without an organization attached - It creates a Service Desk Customer role for the user under Project Settings > People.
Are you able to explain why adding an organization does not create the Service Desk Customer Role for the user?
3. If I go to Project Settings > People > Add People > and add a Customer as a Service Desk Customer role, what is the difference from creating under "Customers" in the Jira Service Project?
- I know that it would not appear under the Portal Customer List in the Admin Page.
- I also noticed they will be sent an email asking them to sign up for an Atlassian Account instead.
4. How should I add my customers to an organization?
- From point number 2, it is said that when I add a customer and attach an organization under "Customers", a Service Desk Customer role will not be added for that user.
- If that is the case, should I add the customer in first, and attach the organization later?
- Is there a need for the name to appear under "People" in "Project Settings" with the role "Service Desk Customer"?