In our confluence space they were 90 pages, i need to update those 90 pages with same value. Is there any bulk change option if it is please help me with this.
Thanks in advance,
Siva.
@siva
This is the only thing I have seen to accomplish this but it is not the most elegant solution.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Bulk-change-confluence-pages-content/qaq-p/1026293
Hi Brant thanks for welcome,
Yes, i saw that question before i think that is very lenghty process and risky too is there any alternate ways Thanks....
Hi @siva I hope you are well.
If you have the pageID of the target pages, you can create a script to update each page using the Confluence REST API.
For an example, refer to Using the Confluence REST API to upload an attachment to one or more pages .
I hope that helps.
Kind regards,Thiago Masutti
I don't know of a way to just edit a snippet of content on a page through a bulk process, sorry.
Subbing so I get notified if a more elegant way of doing this is implemented. Since we can do it on Jira currently, we should hopefully be able to one day do it in Confluence 🤞🏾
Hi @Tosin Ojikutu – Amelie from the Appfire team here!
If you're open to third-party add-ons, there are a couple of apps that can help with bulk updates in Confluence, but it depends on what you want to update on your Confluence page.
Can you elaborate on what you'd like to bulk-edit?
Thanks @Amelie Winkler _Appfire_ I had about 20 pages that had a prefix 'PGD' in their title so I wanted to remove the prefix and add a 'PDx' suffix to all the pages at once.
I eventually went in and added them all yesterday manually but it would have been cool to bulk edit them at once. (Though on reflection, I don't think that specific bulk edit option is available on Jira either 🤔)
Hi @Tosin Ojikutu – I’m glad you got it sorted – even if it was manually! Next time you face a similar bulk change and want to avoid the manual grind, you could try our app, Confluence CLI.
It’s a command-line tool that could have saved you a bunch of time with one command like this:
--action runFromPageList --regex "PGD.*" --space COM --common "--action renamePage --title \"@title@\" --space COM --findReplaceRegex "PGD:" --findReplaceRegex "$:PDx"""
We’ve got versions of this app for Jira, Bamboo, and Bitbucket, too – in case you ever need to tackle bulk edits/changes in any of those products.
I just did it and it is VERY easy! Space Tools, Advanced Space Functionality, Update Page Restrictions, Select your Space name - Select Restriction Level to Anyone can view, only users and groups chose in this script can edit- select Group or Users and then select RUN. It worked like a charm for me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.