I see plenty of discussion on tools for splitting projects into separate custom field contexts.
However, I have a need to move projects from one context to another context, and then updating the values of the fields so that they show correctly for the new context.
(if you just move a project to a new context, the field values display correctly, but when editing the record, they are not selected at all. This is why I want to update the moved records to use the correct options for the new context)
I have both parts working individually:
- I can move a project from one context to another
- I can update the field value of the issues in the moved project, so that they show as chosen when editing the record.
However, both of these are somewhat complex (as least due to how I code)
I was wondering if there are any scripting tools that allow me to develop this work in a more IDEish way. I know that IntelliJ was an option with ScriptRunner 6.0, but it seems this is no longer an option with later versions of ScriptRunner.
I'm not trying to write an addon, so I don't what to try to figure that out.