Hello everyone,
I've hidden these fields on my project but it still displays. Is there a reason why its still visible even though I've hidden it? Eg Reporter isnt hidden and I've got all these other fields which dont appear on my settings so I can't hide it.
thanks!!!
@Hoc -
The hidden functionality that you applied was against the Portal Request Form only. If you want to hide those same fields while you viewing the issue inside of the JSM project, then you will need to customize the View Issue Screen via your JSM project's screen configuration scheme. NOTE - If you hide those fields in the screen, then they will not be available when you configure your Portal Request Form.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
@Joseph Chung Yin
Thanks for the reply.
Does your suggestion still applies even though its a next-gen project?
Thanks!
The concept should be the same. Even though I have not played with Next-gen project.
Best, Joseph
Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin
I'll have a play around with it.
Thank you
@Joseph Chung Yin ,
Not entirely. In the new issue view if you have a Request Type linked to your issue (as we can see in the screenshot), the issue view will be taken over from the screen that @Hoc is configuring. That seems to be the Agent view of that Request Type.
It is diferent from what will be seen on the portal (as that is configured through the request types).
I feel this is more because of what fields you are trying to hide @Hoc , fields like reporter/automations/some app fields.. simply cannot be hidden (and are often system fields).
So I believe in this case it looks more that it's because of what fields they are the hidden rules are not being applied here.
@Dirk Ronsmans -
Thanks for pointing it out. Agent view is controlled via project screen scheme (View Screen, Create Screen, and Edit Screen). I agreed with your point that certain fields are system fields thus it is not possible to hide them
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.