Hi,
I am observing that if a search filter references a project that the current user does not have access to, the filter won't work at all and show an error.
For example we have 3 projects PROJECTA, PROJECTB, PROJECTC and I create a filter for a board to see all security issues:
labels in ('security') and project in (PROJECTA, PROJECTB, PROJECTC) This works OK if you have permission to all projects. But I want to keep share this filter so that users from PROJECTA or B or C can also use it to see the overview of security issues. Some users have access to A and B, some to B and C, or only B, etc. All combinations are possible.
Problems is that if a user doesn't have access to one project, for example PROJECTA, the whole filter will stop working for that user.
- A value with id '10031' does not exist for the field 'project'.
What are you people using as a workaround alternative? And is there a JIRA Server feature request to fix this as this is making life a lot harder. The only thing I can think of is grant all users access to all projects. Or create one filter per project. Both don't scale if you have tens or hundreds or projects.