I am trying to understand the best / most common way teams use the Agile tool for running a Sprint when User Stories have sub-tasks.
I have created a Sprint with 3 User Stories, each with multiple Sub-Tasks. Using the default filters that were created when I setup the board, when I go into my SCRUM board, I see the Stories and Sub Tasks, however, I am only able to move the sub-tasks between the swim lanes. I cannot move the Stories. If I alter the filter, I can focus only on the user story, however, I would need to manage the status of the individual sub-task in a separate activity.
In our envioronment, I have not yet decided if we will force all Stories to have sub-task, so in if 1 Sprint has a combination of Stories and Sub-Tasks, i do not see how they can be managed in a single board.
Is this an expected behavior, or is my setup mis-configured?
Is there a recommendation for how to manage a Sprint with sub-tasks being use?