Hello,
This question is sort of hard to put into words since my searches have not given any great results. I am attempting to build a semi-automated workflow that revolves around personnel onboarding/offboarding. This is very early in the development stage but one thing I'm trying to figure out is if it's possible to have Jira sent a form to a participant/approver to fill and return.
Here is an example of how I'm envisioning the workflow:
- HR submits a new hire request through our Service Desk portal.
- The request automatically shoots a form of some kind to the hiring manager.
- At this step, the hiring manager would fill in a form to provide information for special accommodation (computer type/specs, unstandardized apps, special access groups, etc...)
- Once that hiring manager has filled the form, it awaits an agent to review, approve, and start the onboarding process.
I'm not sure if a function like this can be done through core functions or if it requires a plugin. The closest thing I can think of to achieve this would be that the request could create a subtask with the custom fields, and possibly the hiring manager could just edit the subtask with the fields.
Any thoughts on this?