where do I get the system info server id to create license?I see a settings icon, and then down to 'System', but there is no System Info link like what the instructions say.
You are using Jira Cloud.
These do not have a server id, which is not a problem because you don't need it.
You do not get licences for Cloud systems, you buy a subscription to a service.
So, this takes us back to the question of what you are trying to do. Are you trying to renew your subscription?
Go to System -> System Info. Then Search for Server ID
This is the online/cloud site? I get to the settings icon, to System, but do not find a System Info. link.
No System Info, no Server ID
Hi @DeRuntz Lars RAININ On Cloud instancee you are looking for Server ID. Server ID only avaialble for JIRA Server or Data Center not for CLoud.
I am trying to setup a local instance in house, so we can move a database from a 3rd party contractor, to in house.I was trying to find system info, but the only thing close to the instructions in online, in cloud, I do not see anywhere to get server id locally on the system.
So a matter of context, where should I start, for looking for the server id look up?It seems a catch 22 where I can run anything in the instance because the instance isn't complete.
All assistance is greatly appreciated.
Your server id on Server is under Admin -> System information and also shown on Admin -> Licence
I notice your earlier screenshot is of Admin -> General settings (and of a Cloud system, not a Server install) - that's the right area, you'll find system information is available in the left hand menu on a server installation.
If the server version is not setup, because it needs a server id, how do I get to Admin -> System Information?I went into the cloud version, because I cannot find any other way to access anything.
The server install takes me in to my.atlassian.com, but where do I start, when I am stuck in the install?
I'm really stuck in the server install. I think its a catch 22 because I can't get the server id if I haven't finished the server install.
Ah, ok, if you're part way through the install, then no, there is no server info page to get to.
However, as you go through the install screens, it will ask you for a licence at some point. On the page that it asks you for a licence, the server ID will be displayed.
That is something. But I think it is still an issue.
I get to a page that talks about going to the my.atlassian page to generate/install a license. I don't recall much else on that page, but I will go back and see.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.