As of right now, the Version Report does not allow me to see a predicted date range if:
- The release has not been worked on for at least three sprints
or - The release has a start date in the future
Why is this true? Based on team velocity, why can't I see a predicted delivery date the second I have story points against a version? And on the other point, why can't I see a predicted release date of something starting in the future? Granted, a team's velocity may change, but these charts are dynamic, and that is understood.
These seem to be two highly desired features that I would expect to get out of JIRA Agile. Is there an open ticket for these features? Can I see these reports in some other way?
---
As another quick aside, ordering versions and being able to predict start dates and therefore release dates based on estimated release of a previous version would also be extremely helpful.